Who was your favorite actor or movie star in the 90s’ when you were “coming of age.” Did you ever think of naming your child after one of them? Refresh your memory of the stars you dreamed about at night–and add some names to your baby name list. At least that’s the thought Kat George had when she penned this article for Bustle.com.
Here’s how she starts her entertaining piece:
“If you were a preteen or teen in the ’90s you’re probably around that baby-making age now…So why not take inspiration from that amazing decade while naming said babies.”
Wanna know who Kat George thinks are the coolest characters from the ’90s? (FYI, I looked up the names of the actors who portrayed the cool characters and the names of the TV shows or movies they starred in–so you’d know. I also included a brief rationale by Kat George for each selection):
- Adriana (La Cerva) in “The Sopranos”; Portrayed by: Drea de Matteo
Why: “She had the best wardrobe on television ever, period.”
- Josh (Lucas) in “Clueless” (the movie); Portrayed by: Paul Rudd
Why: …”the character that made a whole generation of women fall in love with Paul Rudd.
- Anya (Jenkins ) in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”; Portrayed by: Emma Caulfield
Why: ”Anya is the best character…and a powerful woman too, so it’s a win-win situation for your kid.”
- Jesse (Katsopolis ) in “Full House”; Portrayed by: John Stamos
Why: “Who is cooler than Uncle Jesse? Can’t think of anyone, can you?”
- Elaine (Benes ) “Seinfeld”; Portrayed by: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Why: “I feel like it goes without explaining but I will tell you this: Elaine is EVERYTHING!”
- John (McClane ) “Die Hard”; Portrayed by: Bruce Willis
Why: “Yippee kiyay mother****er!”
- Mia (Wallace) “Pulp Fiction” ; Portrayed by: Uma Thurman
Why: So she did a few drugs. She survived!
- Korben (Dallas); “The Fifth Element”; Portrayed by: Bruce Willis
Why: “Korben was the coolest guy. I mean, he had to be to pull off the bleached hair and neon orange tank top.”
- Maude (Lebowski); “The Big Lebowski”; Portrayed by: Julianne Moore.
Why: “If I could be any woman in any movie, I’d be Maude Lebowski.“
If you want to see the great photos and videos that accompany the Bustle piece, click here.